Devonshire Digital Weekender – Storytelling: Real & Unreal
February 9 - February 11Free - £15
- Sat 10 Feb – Performance of CiRCA69’s The Cube, a 3D VR immersive work based on the strange but true story of the disappearance of nine people in 1959
- Sat 10 Feb – Author and Journalist Tim Maughan – Fake News and Real Fiction, an exploration through readings and short films of how the lines between his fiction and non-fiction writing can become blurred.
- Sat 10 Feb – Digital culture champion Mar Dixon – Smile: You’re on Camera, a discussion about why live streaming and 360 seems to be everywhere.
- Sat 10 Feb – Animazing TV stop-motion workshop for children
- Sun 11 Feb – Virtual Reality Production Workshop with Simon Wilkinson (CiRCA69) using Unity games engine
Expect two days of fun digital art and culture for all ages, including games, film, workshop, music, tweetup, stuff for kids & families, talks, DJ and socials.
The weekender will take place across DC’s venues on Seaside Road and Seaside.
Devonshire Digital Weekender is supported by Arts Council England and Devonshire West Big Local.