Opportunity Deadlines – Craft Commission and Artist Residency
Deadlines for the last of our artist opportunities for Autumn/Winter 2017 are fast approaching.
Applications for our artist residency are open until 1 December. This is an opportunity to try DC facilities and create a new body of work with support from the collective during the quieter winter season in Eastbourne.
We are also commissioning a new artwork by a craft-maker wishing to explore digital processes or collaborate with tech experts. Apply before 11 December .
Further info on both can be found below.
DC Artist Residency Award
Application Deadline: Fri 1 December 2017
The Devonshire Collective invites applications for a two-week residency in January 2018. We are looking for artists who would like to take advantage of the quiet weeks of January in Eastbourne, to explore the town and surrounding landscape in the ‘off season’ and to use DC facilities to develop a body of work for exhibition here in 2018.
We are particularly interested in artists wishing to engage with the Seaside Road community or who can take advantage of our facilities and activities in the collective.
The collective runs a gallery, studios, print and ceramics facilities, and a public workshop space across three venues on Seaside Road and Seaside in Devonshire Ward, Eastbourne.
Eastbourne is a seaside resort town on England’s south coast, which attracts visitors for its picturesque pier and seafront of Victorian hotels just as much as its easy access to the unique landscape of the South Downs, with hundreds of miles of trails.
We welcome applications from artists working in any visual arts medium including:
The successful applicant will receive:
- Use of a large studio space in DC2
- One year’s membership and professional support from the DC team
- An artist fee of £100
- A contribution towards travel and accommodation costs of £200
- An exhibition in Devonshire Collective venue(s) following the residency
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An artist CV not exceeding two pages and to include an artist’s bio
- A proposal (max 500 words) explaining why you would like to take part in this residency and how you plan to initiate/produce work in Eastbourne
- Images to support your application (max 8 jpegs, 1MB each)
- Video links may be sent for Vimeo or Youtube
The residency will take place over a two-week period in January 2018 to be confirmed between DC and the successful applicant.
CRAFTWORK Micro Art Commission
The new works will be shown in our DC1 Café Gallery in April 2018.
Artists will be invited to sign up to the Digital Drop In workshop in September 2017 and February 2018 to get support for their ideas, learn new skills, get the technical expertise they may need for the project and maybe find collaborators to work with.
The fee of £500 incl. VAT to cover artist fee & materials and a day or two in DC3 will be awarded to an individual artist or group of artists and will include all materials. Installation and marketing will come from DC team.
We hope that this micro commission could work as a pilot project that artists and technologists will be inspired to take further into a fuller project in the near future.
How to apply
- Max. 400 word description of your proposed art work with rough drawings
- Your CV, Show Reel, Video and website links