DC Members Summer Show 2019
Title: ALIVE IN SEASIDE
We hope that as many members as possible will want to take part in our Summer exhibition this year and make it a great showcase demonstrating the richness, diversity and quality of work produced by DC members. Plus we hope that many of you may benefit from the opportunity to SELL YOUR WORK.
Registered interest by Friday 2nd August
Delivery date by Friday 9th / Sat 10th August 11am – 5pm
Install date Wednesday 14th August 11am onwards
Show opens Friday 16thAugust 11am – 5pm
Late night private viewing Saturday 17th August 6.30pm until late
We’d like to improve on previous sales with this show taking place over the Summer, we’re aiming to focus on showing affordable art, with no minimum size requirements this time! Artists can set their own prices for sale, with the emphasis on your art being affordable. Please include the 30% commission for DC in your prices.
We will also be selling members’ greetings cards in the gallery space at a fixed price of £2.50 for the duration of the exhibition (30% commission also applies). We’ll aim to encourage sales by allowing people to take artwork away with them as they buy it rather than leaving it until the end of the show. We hope you will play a part in making this an exciting and vibrant exhibition by submitting your original artworks in any media. On this occasion as we aim to encourage sales, we are not able to exhibit moving image work, but we hope that film-makers will consider submitting limited edition giclée prints of stills or other images from their work.
TITLE OF THE EXHIBITION– ALIVE IN SEASIDE: Let your imagination run away with itself and submit work which responds to the title in any way you like. The exhibition takes place over the Summer, feel free to interpret ALIVE IN SEASIDE as broadly as you like.
REGISTRATION: In order to help our planning please register your intention to exhibit work by e-mailing email@example.com REGISTRATION in the subject line, stating how many works you will be submitting by Thursday 1STAugust at 5pm
SUBMISSION: Members can submit up to three works with a guarantee that at least one work will be exhibited. If your work is sold there will be an opportunity to replace it with another piece. Payment for sales will be collected by Devonshire Collective and paid to artists by BACS transfer on receipt of invoice.
- All sizes permitted for any artwork including sculpture and ceramic
- All works must be delivered framed and ready to hang with picture cord attached using D rings or similar. Work will be hung using the DC hanging system
- Frames MUST be durable for handling and hanging purposes. Clip-framed glass or metal frames cannot be accepted.
- All works must be labelled on the back with the following:
- title of the work
- artist’s name, phone number, e-mail address
- All works must be original i.e. NOT reproductions. Original printmaking e.g. etching, screen prints, collagraph, original photographs and original digital prints are welcome
- Photographs and original digital printsmust be produced using archival quality paper and inks
- Devonshire Collective reserves the right to omit any submissions that do not meet these specifications, that cannot be safely hung on the wall or with content considered unsuitable or offensive in nature.
- All works should be authenticated by the artist in an appropriate place, i.e. signed and dated (on the reverse of the work or frame is acceptable).
We very much hope that you will join us in showing your work and help make our show something very special.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org