Devonshire Made Exhibition : OPEN CALL
November 27 @ 11:00 am - December 9 @ 5:00 pm
OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS – DEVONSHIRE MADE
In East and West Sussex
An exhibition by five Sussex artists selected from an Open Call.
Deadline for applications on Wednesday 31st Oct 2018.
There is no submission fee.
Installation of work – Sun 25th/Mon 26th Nov
Exhibition open – Tues 27th Nov at 11am – Sat 8th Dec at 5pm
Take down/de-install – Sun 9th Dec at 5pm
With the aim of showcasing local talent and supporting five exceptional Sussex artists, the Devonshire Collective will host a group exhibition in its DC1 gallery. The selected artists will exhibit together with each artist delivering a short talk about their work as part of Devonshire Collective’s Café Culture programme in association with Blue Monkey.
Artists working across a broad range of visual practices including drawing, painting, photography, collage, print, ceramic, sculpture, video, digital, sound and performance are invited to apply for this opportunity.
Artists will receive a fee towards their exhibition costs and artists’ talk. Devonshire Collective will promote the exhibition on their digital/social media platforms and host an opening event for the exhibition. The artist talks will take place at a special Showcase event at DC1.
- Work submitted must have been made in the past 3 years (2015-2018)
- Technical support is available for installation and artists must be able to hang/install their work in a single day
- Devonshire Collective have limited AV equipment so artists may need to supply their own equipment
- The gallery space is a white cube space at basement level and has no natural light.
- Hanging of 2D work is by Devonshire Collective’s hanging system. Artists needing to install work by other means will need to make good and leave the space as they find it.
- Artists are strongly advised to visit the space before finalising their application. Gallery opening times are 11am – 5pm, Tues – Sat.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with SHOWCASE
in the subject line –
- Up to 5 Jpeg images (max 2MB per image) of recent work which you would like considered for exhibition. Please ensure your files arecorrectly orientated (upright) with your first and last names and the artwork title included in the filename.
- If proposing new work, a description of the work you would like to propose (200 words max) and up to 5 images of recent work
- A list of your images with titles, dimensions and media
- For moving image work please send a link to the work or an excerpt from it online e.g. on Vimeo or other platform; excerpts less than 5 minutes only please.
- A short artist’s bio/cv (max one page A4)
- A statement about the work (200 words max)
For more information, gallery plan/dimensions, please contact email@example.com
DEVONSHIRE MADE is part of the THRESHOLD PROGRAMME
Supported by Arts Council England and Devonshire West Big Local