- This event has passed.
DC Postcard Show #DCWeAreOne
7th April 2018 @ 10:00 am - 15th April 2018 @ 5:00 pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – TO APPLY
DEADLINE for submissions: Wednesday 4 April 5pm – Postcards must be delivered to DC1 Cafe & Gallery, 67-69 Seaside Road, Eastbourne BN21 3PL either in person or by post on Tuesday 27, Weds 28 Thurs 29 March, Tues 3 April or Wednesday 4 April 2018 between 11am and 5pm.
- DC and Blue Monkey Network members £5 to enter up to 5 postcards
- All other artists: 1 postcard = £5, 2 postcards = £10, Up to 5 postcards = £15
- Payment must be made on delivery of postcards either by cash or cheque payable to Devonshire Collective CIC or in advance by bank transfer to Devonshire Collective CIC: Account Number 44690878, Sort Code 52-41-00
All works received with full payment before the deadline will be exhibited as part of the show subject to the following terms:
- Postcards on which to make your artwork can be collected in person from Devonshire Collective, DC1 Café Gallery, 67-69 Seaside Road, Eastbourne BN21 3PL from 13 March 2018, 11am to 5pm OR by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to the same address OR you can make your own postcard but all cards must be good quality heavy weight paper or board minimum 300gsm e.g. hobbycraft.co.uk/daler-rowney-aquafine-watercolour-postcards-12-pack/559467-1000
- Artworks in any medium are welcome including but not limited to drawing, painting, printmaking, stitch, text, collage, but must fit the postcard-sized specifications of 4 x 6 inches (10.5 x 15cm) (A6)
- All works must be original i.e. NOT commercially printed reproductions. Original printmaking e.g. etching, screen prints, collograph, original photographs and original digital prints are welcome
- Original digital prints must be produced using archival quality paper and inks
- All postcards must be marked on the back with the following:
- title of the work
- artist’s name, phone number, e-mail address
- signature and date
- please indicate the TOP of the work
- Payment to artists for works sold will be made by cash or cheque on collection of unsold works. If you would like to receive your payment by bank transfer, please enclose details of your bank account number and sort code when submitting your work.
- All unsold postcards must be collected from DC1 Café Gallery by 30 April 2018 unless a stamped self-addressed envelope is provided for their return.
- Devonshire Collective reserves the right to omit any submissions that do not meet these specifications,that cannot be safely hung on the wall or with content considered unsuitable or offensive in nature.
- Commercially printed reproductions will not accepted.
We very much hope that you will join us in showing your work and help make our postcard show something very special.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com.