Eastbourne Write Club – 28 July & 29 July
July 28 @ 10:00 am - July 29 @ 5:00 pm£10
Join a weekend writing retreat on Saturday 28 July & Sunday 29 July, organised by writers for writers, at Eastbourne’s new Devonshire Collective.
This will be a dedicated writing space for you to bring whatever you want to work on and write in the company and quiet hum of other writers.
A stone’s throw from the beach, artisan ice cream on your doorstep and a super nice workshop space that’s been recently converted especially for Eastbourne’s new cultural quarter. What more could you ask for?
Dates set so far:
- Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 May
- Saturday 30 June & Sunday 1 July
- Saturday 28 July & Sunday 29 July
About the day
The plan for the day is simple:
- 10am arrivals – bring your own tea/coffee/refreshments of choice
- 10-10.30am – group decides on writing schedule for the day, house rules & housekeeping (brief discussion)
- 10.30-5pm – write!
- *lunch break planted somewhere in this time
- 5-6pm – sharing work, networking, drinks (BYO)
Maximum space: 15 per day
Writers of all genres and level of experience are welcome.
The retreat will provide a dedicated quiet space, loosely structured (as explained above). The main rule is that we respect the shared need for quiet to work within, unless during agreed break times. And have fun, we hope.
You can book for just 1 day or book for both. We don’t mind! £10 per day per person
What do I bring
We suggest you bring everything you need to make your writing possible and comfortable, such as
- pen, paper, notebook, laptop
- cushion, scarf, blanket, jumper,
- favorite tea, snacks, Snoopy mug
- talisman, desk ornaments
- wine, chocolate, tequila
- headphones (don’t forget these)
- your own breakfast/lunch/dinner
- anything else?
Saturday venue: DC3 Project Space
Sunday venue: DC1 Cafe & Gallery
Both venues are fully accessible. There is wifi. We will have access to kettle, fridge, cups, cutlery and other necessities.
DC1 cafe does amazing lunches & coffees to take away (highly recommended, not open Sun). Fusciardis & Thayers are just opposite DC3. Tesco Express nearby.
Advance booking required
To reserve your spot, advance booking is required as we only have 15 spaces per day.
You can pay:
- online ticketing (small fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if you would like to pay via BACS.
Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged.
- DC1 Cafe & Gallery
67-69 Seaside Road
Eastbourne, BN21 3PL
- Eastbourne Write Club