New DC1 shop looking for artist made products
Devonshire Collective is pleased to launch a new art and gift shop at the DC1 Café & Gallery from June 2018. We are currently looking for high quality artist made products to stock.
The shop will sell new art, craft and design products and gifts sourced from our 90+ strong DC artist membership and from artists in Eastbourne and East Sussex.
We are interested in offering products for a range of styles and tastes, provided that they are well made and created in East Sussex.
We will also sell products in our online shop, shipping within the UK and hopefully soon, beyond.
The shop aims to support our local artist community here in Eastbourne and in East Sussex to make a living from their art, as well as help regenerate the Devonshire West area where our venues are based.
Our DC1 shop is located on 67-69 Seaside Road, Eastbourne BN21 3PL. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for artists
If you are an artist wishing to take part in selling your original, high quality work in our shop, please carefully read and follow the guidelines below.
We operate a system whereby our team will select items on a quarterly basis in:
- April for work on sale during June, July, August
- July for work on sale during September, October, November
- October for work on sale during December, January, February
- January for work on sale during March, April, May
We are interested in the following (although not exclusively):
- Limited edition prints
- Greetings cards
- Jewellery and fashion accessories
- Purses, bags, hats
- Handmade soaps & beauty products
- Books, zines and records
- Stationary including handmade paper
- Upcycled furniture
- Rugs and textiles
- Affordable art work
If you are interested in selling your work with us, in the first instance, please send us the following:
- Maximum 3 products (photo for each)
- Description of product including height, width, weight (if known)
- Suggested retail price
- A little about your practice/work
- Website link
- Contact details including home address, town/city, postcode, telephone number & email address
Please email to email@example.com or post to 67-69 Seaside Road, Eastbourne BN21 3PL.
What happens next
We will aim to acknowledge receipt within 1-2 weeks, and we will contact you aboutfinal decisions during our sifting month. If for whatever reason we can’t take yourproduct in a particular quarter, we are happy to reconsider for the next quarter.
We reserve the right to not accept work on the basis of quality, authenticity or location made if it doesn’t meet our stated requirements.
Please be mindful that we are new social enterprise with a small team of paid staff (x 2) and volunteers.
Download guidelines (right click to save)