K L Aspden (Louisa)Creatives
My name is K L Aspden (known as Louisa). I am an experienced counsellor accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, MBACP (Snr, Accred). I’m also a writer and I run therapeutic writing groups in East Sussex. writefromthesoul.co.uk
Essentially my philosophy of counselling is Person Centred. This means I believe that each person has the resources to bring about growth and healing given the right conditions.
In my practice, I combine the Person-Centred Approach with creative methods where appropriate, as this can greatly enhance the effectiveness of our work. Art music, sand tray, drama, movement, play or imaginative writing may help clients make discoveries and express that which is difficult to voice.
I began my career by training as an infant teacher because I adore the spontaneity of young children. My interest in child development grew and still fascinates me, as this is where all of our stories begin. Subsequent to this I studied counselling and have been working in private practice for 20 years.
- Bachelor of Education – 1978
- Diploma in Counselling – 1998
- Cert.Person Centred Art Therapy-1998
- Cert. Counselling Children and Adolescents – 2003
- Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play – 2007 PTUK
- Post Graduate Certificate in Drama and Movement Therapy – 2012 (The Sesame Approach)
Help! I’ve Got an Alarm Bell Going Off in My Head! is available to buy on Amazon.